Friday, April 21, 2017
Final Blog Post
I was interested in joining IB because my sister did it her year. To be honest I didn't really care about IB it just seemed to me that I was in an "IB family" and so I joined. I'm glad that I did because I have really enjoyed my time in the program. I think that suffering through all the same things really does build a bonds. I think that also it helped me to talk to people that I would never have talked to. Class debates showed me a lot of new viewpoints that I never thought of. I don't really have any problems with the program as a whole. I know a lot of people hate IB but I think that the way we learned about History is really cool. The idea of questioning what happened in history leads to really cool discussion and ideas. I think that English was incredibly beneficial for us but its hard to really understand how much it is. One day in LOV we had to analyse a poem and all the other kids had trouble with it but I knew so many different terms and had done this in much more depth than they had. So i think that English class really has made us all more critical readers but it has done such a good job of it that we see many literary things as just common sense. For me, I regret taking Biology and wish that I took Physics. I took Bio because I thought it would be easy but I realize now that I have no interest in Bio and while physics is probably harder than Bio, since I'm interested It would have been a better class for me. I really hate Languages so I didn't get a lot out of Spanish. I am never going to take another Spanish class and i'm so excited about that. The same is true for me about TOK. I just never really felt like it resonated with me. Everything we talked about was just like cool ted talks and like random science experiments about human behavior. I know some people really liked the debates but they just never felt relevant to me. And thats all the IB classes I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment